|For the pancakes:1 1/2 cups apple juice
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup flour
1/2 cup quick oats
2 tablespoons wheat germ
1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
1 tablespoons grated orange peel
1/2 teaspoon cinnamonBeat together apple juice and eggs in a medium bowl. Add the flour, oats, wheat germ, baking powder, orange peel and cinnamon. Stir until well mixed. Lightly grease a nonstick skillet. Make as you would pancakes pouring approximately 2 tablespoons batter mixture onto hot skillet for each pancake. Flip (only once) when bubbles begin to form around edges.For the filling
What you do:
- Peel, quarter and core the apples then slice thickly.
- Melt 50g/2oz of the butter in a pan, add the apples, sugar and lemon juice.
- Cover the pan and cook gently for about 10 minutes or until the apples are beginning to soften.
- Stir in the cinnamon and raisins.
- Keep warm until you’ve made the pancakes.
Divide the filling between the pancakes and roll them. Serve on a hot plate with whipped cream or ice cream and maple syrup.